Brody and Brooke

Brody and Brooke

1.10.2012

And I'm back....

Yikes....last post was December 15th (not quite a month, so I'm good) I'll update you with what's been going on with some bullets and pics!  

  • Christmas
    • Absolutely amazing!!  We had 6 Christmas celebrations in 2 weeks, it was rough but we made it through! After each time we put the gifts away tried to relax a little.  We are thinking about doing another Christmas trip this year to maybe WI!  We'll see!
  • Disney
    • I'm leaving for Disney in 1 month and 5 days!  Emily is running the Princess half marathon through the parks and Mom and I are going to cheer her on!  I'm not taking Brody, because Matt wants to be there for when he goes to Disney for the 1st time and we don't think right now he'll remember any of it. So I'm going to scope it out so I don't freak with overwhelmness when we do take him!!  I've never been, so I'm pretty exciting about going and about some SUN in February!
  • Brody's new ride
    • So we sold the Tractor....we kept going back and forth, but Brody just wasn't into it.  He would chose his smaller four wheeler over the tractor and the thought of $250 just sitting there didn't sit well with us!  Matt posted it on Craigslist and we got a few nibbles, but then the closer it got to Christmas it was crazy!!  Finally we met an older guy in the Wal Mart parking lot off Telegraph  and exchanged the $200!  He drove from Columbia, MO alone and was buying it for his 3 year old grandson, so it made us feel good, but it was still sad to see it go.  We immediately went to Toys R Us to find a replacement and they didn't have it so we went back to Wal Mart and got this bad boy... 

  • J.O.B
    • We had our yearly reviews last week and I was super scared it was going to be an hour of all my mistakes....but it wasn't!  It went really good....bring on the bonus!!
  • Kinet for Xbox
    • So Matt got the Kinet for Brody us him for the Xbox for Christmas and Best Buy had the Black Eyed Peas on sale for $20 and I got it!  It's so amazing and a great workout!  So far I've earned a studded belted shirt, a sweet ass tattoo, some earrings and some converse shoes - my avatar is rockin'!!
  • Home Stretch
    • This is what my hunting husband keeps reminding me!   Only 6 more days a.k.a the rest of the month!!  Then it's off to knit picking all weekend....um, I'm not sure which I prefer!  I don't mean to be a nag, but my thought of the weekend is using the 2 days off to be productive....Matt's, however, is to relax (you can see my our struggle)
  • Keurig
    • So on New Years Eve Brody and I were in Red Bud all day and night, so I packed just the essentials....his four wheeler and my Keurig! I'm getting so much  use out of this little device - even I'm surprised!!  My favorites for far is the Hazel Nut Cream, Apple Cider and Hot Chocolate.  I will have to say that I'm a bit disappointed in the strength when I use my travel mug, but it does the job and is saving me $3.89 each morning! 
Can't promise when the next post will be - I thought after the holidays things were supposed to go back to normal....but they sure haven't at work - which is good because those 8 hours go by in a blink of an eye!

7 comments:

Sara Simpson said...

That's a lot of info in 1 post!! Love reading about all your updates. Very jealous you get to go to Disney. You will love it.

Kim Luke said...

Welcome Back!!!!
Very Jealous of your trip to Disney coming up! I want to take Landon when he is around 4, but I know Layla will only be 2 and probably won't remember it then either!

Heather said...

I want to get an Xbox with a kinect soooo bad, but people keep telling me that you have to have a VERY large room to have it in for it to work. Is that true?

Ashley Mitchell said...

What do u mean about the strength with your travel mug?

sblind2 said...

I think we'll probably take Brody the Spring or Fall of 2013! Maybe for his 4th birthday!!

Heather you need I think like 6 feet, but honestly we move our couch to have more room...lol

My Keurig has 3 settings-small cup, medium cup, travel cup. When I use the travel cup it waters it down too much and tastes more like hot tea. TODAY however I "tricked" it and made 2 small cups in my travel mug....and it's perfect!! Did you see that Target has a $1.50 coupon for them? I printed mine last night! =)

Ashley Mitchell said...

Mine has small and med. I do med in everything.

Adrien said...

Yay - you're back! I'm also very jealous about your Disney trip! I plan to get the girls there as soon as possible cause I want to go back again (and again and again.) Haha.