Brody and Brooke

Brody and Brooke

8.10.2012

WW vs MFP

So about .... 3ish months ago Matt and I joined Weight Watchers Online.  He's done AMAZING .... and is down 15+ lbs.  I, of course, have cheated more than not, but still lost about 6 lbs.  Recently, ugh, I've fell off the band wagon and have eaten everything in sight and the thought of getting up off the couch and running or any other physical activity at night is hysterical to me, so therefore I'm up 3 lbs.  I've used My Fitness Pal in the past and haven't lost anything .... even when I was good, but many people I know have lost lots of LBs using it, and on the other hand many people I know have had great success with WW.

My WW Online is up soon for renewal and I'm trying to decide which is better.  This week I'm going to be GOOD, I'm going to track everything I eat and I'm going to get my butt in gear ... I'm also going to do a little comparison .... and try and figure out which program I like better.

(I'm allowed 26 WW pts and 1200 Calories)

Monday
Notes:
  • On MFP I can customize my activities for example: instead of just recording "Aerobics, high impact" I can add "JM KB L1" and add exactly how many calories I burned per my HRM and my Nike+ Watch
  • On WW you can have up to 5 servings of Fruits and Veggies ... you have to count the calories in them on MFP
Consumption:
  • WW points-28
  • Calories-1231
Activity:
  • Pilate's with weights-20 min
    • +1 WW pts
    • +116 Calories
  • Walk/Run while pushing Brody-44 mins
    • +2 WW pts
    • +378 Calories
Tuesday
Notes:
  • For supper we had spaghetti with whole wheat noodles and for 1 c cooked it was 4 WW pts (not bad), but it was 800+ calories.....I chose to have only 1/2 c
  • The WW app couldn't find the Hunts spaghetti sauce, but the MFP did AND it even found the Market Pantry noodles...
Consumption:
  • WW points-13
  • Calories-1050
Activity:
  • Swiss Ball-20 min
    • +1 WW pts
    • +116 Calories
  • Walk while pushing Brody-69 min
    • +4 WW pts
    • +431 Calories
Wednesday
Notes:
  • WW online is $18.95 per month
  • MFP is FREE
Consumption:
  • WW points-25
  • Calories-1099
Activity:
  • Jillian Michaels Kettlebell-25 mins
    • +4 WW pts
    • +227 Calories
  • Ran-48 mins
    • +9 WW pts
    • 600 Calories

Thursday
Notes:
  • I'm becoming addicted to this HRM we have....last night I wore it to run and burned 600 calories - I don't think I've EVER burned that many.  This morning I wore it to do Pilates and burned 75 calories. Without it I would have just entered "Aerobics, low impact" on MFP and would have gained 116 calories .... that would have been lying to myself
  • I'm having a Panera Thai Chopped salad today .... that is 13 WW pts (that's HALF of my daily allowance ... its "only" 470 calories (not horrible for a salad at a restaurant)
  • I consumed and tracked the exact amount of food and with WW I went over, but with MFP I was under.
Consumption:
  • WW points-32
  • Calories-1170
Activity:
  • Pilates with weights-20 mins
    • +1 WW pt
    • +75 Calories (measured by HRM instead of just "Aerobics, low impact")
  • Bike ride pulling Brody in trailer-27 mins
    • +2 WW pts
    • +262 Calories
Conclusion ..... After being good for a solid 4 days I lost 3 lbs (YAY) and decided to cancel my WW Online membership-I'm going to stick with MFP.  Since I don't go to the WW meetings I feel that MFP has a better app to keep me on track and accurately record my workouts.  It's not going to matter what program or app I use .... it's up to ME to determine the results. So, I've said it before and I'll say it again ....

Here goes nothin'

9 comments:

Matt said...

23.2 pounds now... come on give me a little credit.

sblind2 said...

I said 15+ .... that "+" makes up for the 8 lbs! =)

Sarah said...

I'm going to join ww (again) once little Liam arrives. I wish I had a personal chef to make me all the right food/portions everyday! It would make things so much easier!

Trav lost THIRTY pounds in 1 month for the Atkins. Ass.

Good job Matt!!! Keep it up Sarah...you already look great ;)

sblind2 said...

I'm good during the week...it's the weekend - something about Friday Nights and Pizza....

Ciego said...

I have no experience with WW but have been using MFP for about a year now. Make sure you get the app on your phone. It makes adding items as simple as scanning the barcode with your camera.

sblind2 said...

YES-the MFP app rocks - I use it 99% of the time for tracking....

Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.soldesdoudounemonclerpascher.eu/]Moncler Pas Cher[/url]
I am just loving it. This can be a incredible web log and incredibly getting really. Incredible job! This is not gucci clasp pack surely substantially away from a novice owner as i did, it's all of the We could ponder when you finish gucci toss rucksack participating in your posts.

[url=http://www.soldesdoudounemonclerpascher.eu/]Doudoune Moncler[/url]
It is very saving money promotional their husband's business. Aside from that, people commit certainly rate also stoop due to a resilient phony. Kind seeking out boots or shoes are usually enticed using sets of Stephane Kelian low-cut Cuban overshoes (Seventy-five), Repetto professional dancer jogging sneakers (40), or possibly old school low-heel horse-riding overshoes (40-70).

[url=http://www.soldesdoudounemonclerpascher.eu/]Doudoune Moncler[/url]
Nonetheless might well apparently really, Adult females want to renumeration arranged of 200 money expenditures to do with some Moncler jackets cover that you choose to is unable to signify so that you for the originally, Compared control that people shouldn't have that amount of money to acquire the earliest. Additionally, So just why if she or he indeed? Look-alike leather covers accessible thoroughly reputable, Remains it's not truly in order to better chunks associated with cash about moncler available very first articles.

Anonymous said...

Hi Dear, are yοu really visiting this web site on а regular basis, іf so afterward уou wіll definitely take nіcе knowlеԁge.


Here iѕ my homepage car shipping

Anonymous said...

Simρly ωish tο sаy your artiсle iѕ as surprising.
The clarіty in your post іs just cool and i could assume
you are an expert on thіs subject. Well with youг permisѕiοn allow me to grab your RSS feed to keeρ up to ԁate ωith
forthcoming pοst. Thanks a million and рlease keeр uр the rewarding worκ.


Look at mу ωeb pаgе; empower network blogging system reviews