Brody and Brooke

Brody and Brooke

7.13.2012

The book according to Brody

We've started saying bed time prayers for a while now.  Brody goes to a christain daycare so they have worship days and they pray before meals ..... so we def try to incorporate that into our home. 
I don't care for the traditional bed time prayer ....

Now I lay me down to sleep,
I pray the Lord my soul to keep,
If I shall die before I wake, (THIS is the part I don't like.....)
I pray the Lord my soul to take. Amen.

.... and I didn't want to try to learn a new one .... so we came up with our own and have added to it as we go .... it started with this:

Dear God,
thank you for today
keep my family safe. Amen  
(I thought it was more, but maybe not.....)

So when Brody started be a little stinker we added to the bed time prayer.....

Dear God,
thank you for today
help me be a good listener
keep my family safe. Amen  

and now HE'S added to it.  See usually this is how it goes - Matt and I say it and he repeats it, but some nights HE wants to say it and here's how it goes ......

Dear God,
thank you for today
help me pee on the potty
help me poop on the potty
help me be a good listener
keep my family safe. Amen  

I try SO HARD not to laugh, but it's so funny, so I pretend to cough at first .... then he catches on and we both giggle ....  

4 comments:

Emily Montgomery said...

Come on God, answer the boys prayer!! ;)

Ashley Mitchell said...

aww..that's cute!

Sara Simpson said...

Adorable!

Christine Pettijohn said...

The things kids come up with. Cute!