Brody and Brooke

Brody and Brooke

3.19.2012

Birthday Weekend!!

Here's how my Birthday Weekend (yes weekend) was.

Friday: Mother nature wanted to celebrate early and brought on some storms that left our internet down at work.....that met I was able to go home around 1 and worked from home for the rest of the day!  After I set up shop at my kitchen table and did all my laundry between emails and phone calls!  I picked up Brody from school and we went to the store to get some stuff for supper and some beer for the parade and I got CARDED!!  whoo hoo!!  I made supper and we celebrated (since Brody would be at my moms on Saturday) with a cookie cake!


I made up my own sauce for some frozen cheese ravioli's that we had and it turned out great!!
  • 1 package of portabella mushrooms
  • 1 stick of butter
  • 1 can of cream of mushroom
  • 1 cup-ish of milk
  • garlic
I just mixed that all in a pan and put it over the cooked ravioli's.  

Saturday: HAPPY 31ST BIRTHDAY TO ME!!! Matt's brother was home from Chicago and we are all up by 6:30 for the 5 mile St Patty's Day run!!  Everyone met at the house by 7:15 am and we were all decked out in our green (except for Matt).  He said it was so we could find him after the run....ya right with 13,000 people!!


If you remember my #1 2012 Resolutions it was to run the whole race for every race that I sign up for.  Ekkk, that met I was NOT going to walk any part of this 5 miles.  I did a few runs prior to get prepped and the 1st time my time was 55 mins the 2nd run was 56 and I walked some, so my goal was 56 mins!  Well.....I made it in 54 mins!!  I was super excited!!

We stuck together the whole race!! 
 
 
After we cooled off and changed we headed back for the parade.  You can bring your own cooler, but my husband thought it wouldn't be necessary and that we would just by beer.....nice idea!!  Beer was $7 each!!



The weather was amazing and HOT, I had a MP3 line on my arm!!  After we got home we were all a little buzzed (oops) so we stuffed our faces with Domino's and slept all day.

The plan was to go to BoBecks to hear TD Biggs aka 420 and I was going to wear my new little dress with some tights....LOVE IT!  I even got some compliments from strangers! Body Central.$22.a ton of colors (in case you were wondering.....)


The company was great, the crowd was old and the band was well....all over the place!!  One song was "bad girlfriend" and the next was "twist and shout"  I was not impressed!!  But, it was great hanging out with some friends and family!!


We finished the night off with some Taco Bell Loco Tacos and crashed around 2:30!

Sunday:  I was tired, but had plans to go shopping and to Olive Garden with my mom, brody and Nicole.  The best part was this (as Nicole was holding up maternity jeans)

Nicole: will my ass really get THAT big
Me: it sure will, doll!  LOL

When we got home I crashed and Matt and Brody went to the woods and gave me some much needed alone time.  After my 2 1/2 hour nap I got some spring clothes out for Brody, brushed the dogs, pulled some weeds, made supper, washed sheets and had some R n R with Army Wives and some popcorn.

Ahhhh, it was a great Birthday Weekend, but Matt has informed me that my Birthday month is over now!!   Boo on him!

1 comment:

Heather said...

I caught up on 4 hours of Army Wives last night. Heaven.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY one more time