Brody and Brooke

Brody and Brooke

3.22.2012

Disney

So I've never updated you about my Disney trip in February!!  Better now then never!!
 Thursday: We got up at 3:00 am and headed to the airport at 4:15! 


Matt and Brody drove us and we were all shocked that Brody was in the best mood ever!!!  Truth be known I don't like to fly.  I've flown more since I've had jobs that has required it, but I'm a homebody and the thought of 911 is still in the back of my mind.  So I'm always emotional.....My bags were in the kitchen and Brody looked and my tag and started rattling off Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Daisy (I didn't even know he knew all of them!!)  So of course I start getting teary to Matt that he would have loved it so much!!  =(  Our flight was good - completely FULL plane.  We landed in Orlando and had to find the Disney shuttle.  It took us an HOUR.  We finally got on the bus and headed to Port Orleans French Quarters (Mom and Emily stayed there 10 years ago when they went)  It was all Mardi Gras themed and the resort is HUGE!  We had to hike to our room (which the door was on the outside-I HATE that).  The room was nice and clean - which is the only thing that really matters to me! 

She bossed us around the WHOLE time....LOL
We freshened up and headed to Magic Kingdom.  Emily was jumping out of her skin she was so excited to see the castle.  I'm not sure if I thought it would be different, but I was like um, there's the castle - snap of a picture!  We went to Space Mountain and totally lucked out with some FastPasses that some nice lady gave us.  I hated that ride....first the seats were tiny and the whole ride was pitch dark!!  Whenever I'm on rollar coasters I always think I'm going to be decapitated...and now I wouldn't even be able to see it coming....AHHHH!!!!  We saw a parade and that was really cool because almost all the characters were in it.   *Characters....I think I thought it would have been more like 6-flags....you know you walk in and Bugs in right there waiting for you.  I understand that if Mickey was there there would be a mob, but maybe he could be on a highrise or something saying hi* 


The next stop was to Universal Studios.  We headed pretty much straight to the Areosmith ride and stood there for like 45 min and then the ride broke down.  We went to Fantasmic and it was amazing! 

Fantasmic
After that we noticed that Areosmith was open again.  (Um....almost lost it on Space Mountain and now I'm riding a roller coaster that wasn't working 2 hours and oh look it going 0-60 in 3.2 seconds.....my life was in the hands of GOD)  The wait was well worth it!!  It was still dark, but it had lots of lights and Areosmith music blaring!  I sang the whole time!! 


We left the park at dark and got to see some fireworks from Epcot.

Friday: We were up  and out the door by 9:00 (tried yet) and headed to ESPN for Emma to pick up her race packet. 

Then we went to Animal Kingdom!  I just knew it would be my favorite park (and it was)!   First thing on the agenda was Kilomanjaro Safaris  and next was Festival of the Loin King both were incredible!!



We headed to the RainForest Cafe for our "big meal" of the trip.  The food was ok and I really liked the gift shop!  Gotta love that frog!! 


Emma's back was hurting so we headed back to the room and me and her crashed (which really made Mom mad-ask her she'll tell you alllll about it).  After our 3 hour nap (oops) mom and I went to the lobby and listen to some New Orleans music.

Saturday: We knew Saturday would be a laid back day since the race started at 4:45 am the next day.  We took a boat to downtown Disney and went to Epcot.  I didn't get Epcot.....there was shops in the different countries and restaurants, but nothing else really.

Sunday: RACE DAY-2012 DISNEY PRINCESS HALF! 


I really do love going to the half marathons.  I love to see all the different kinds of people that are able to run that far: size, sex, age......and their strides.  For a split second (and I said split second) it makes me want to train for a half! 

We headed home that night and I was so happy to be back home.  I'm sure I'll want to go back someday.....but not anytime soon!

Pictures are on my Facebook, but for some reason you have to go in my albums to see them....they never showed up on my news feed.

Pits and Peaks:

Peaks:
  • I got tan lines in February-the weather was record high
  • I got to check out Disney before taking a family vacation there...with that said, I think we'll go on a Disney Cruise and splurge at Sea World by swimming with Dolphins. The parks are just SO overwhelming.....
  • We stayed on Disney property which made it super easy to get from one park to the other with the shuttles.  Parking the parks was $14!
  • Got to ride on the Tea Cups!
  • Aerosmith ride!!!
Pits:
  • Our hotel, Port Orleans is one of the Moderate resorts, but it wasn't Disney themed.  If I take Brody I will def stay at one of the Value resorts (look how much fun they look)
  • The food at the resort was super expensive and not good.  I got a side salad for $9 and let me tell you what....it was def a side salad!!  There is no McDonalds or take out on Disney Property....when my cousin went he spent $50 on a cab to McDonalds and he said it was worth every penny!
  • Anytime you wanted to go anywhere you might as well figure an hour.  French Quarters and Riverside has about 5-6 shuttle stops and you stop at each one every time!!
  • Didn't get to see fireworks by the castle (like on the commericals)
  • Dumbo was closed.
  • Downtown Disney was just a lot of shops, same stuff as at the parks.
  • Animal Kingdom was great, but really nothing too different than the STL Zoo.
  • I wish we would have spent more time at Universal and zero time at Epcot.

4 comments:

Heather said...

Your decapitated by roller coasters comment made me almost wet myself. Thanks.

Emily Montgomery said...

I'd do it ALL over again tomorrow...nap and all! =)

Adrien said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Adrien said...

Haha, I left a comment earlier thinking I lost my mind because I thought the Aerosmith Rock 'N Roller Coaster was in Epcot, but it's actually at Disney's Hollywood Studios. I was like, "Are you SURE you went to Universal Studios?" :D I bet a lot of people get those mixed up!

Love hearing Disney trip reports! I can't wait to take the girls next year. :)