Brody and Brooke

Brody and Brooke

9.06.2011

Labor Day Weekend

Ahhhh, sometimes long holiday weekends don't seem long, but this one sure did!!  Here's what we were up to:

Friday: I got off early and got to pick up Brody from school then we made a quick trip to the Market Place.  I swear....I wish all of those damn shopping carts with trucks in the front of them would all blow away.....I hate them!  Maybe it because I told myself I would NEVER push one, but Brody throws a huge stinkin fit if there is one there and he's not in it.  ugh Next thing you know I'll be driving a mini van....another thing I told myself I'll never do!  Anyways....we got home and I made a yummy dinner for the family.  Then I felt a cold coming on so I hit the sack early!

Saturday: Matt and Brody went to get haircuts and I cleaned.  We went boating with the Jackson's and my mom kept the boys!  She said Brody did so good with the baby! =)


Sunday: Brody, my mom and I headed to Rushville, IL (about an hour north of Springfield) for Brady's 2nd birthday party!  Brady and Brody are 3 weeks apart and me and Stefanie are 6 weeks apart....pretty cool, but we decided baby #2 will not be one vowel off.....it gets so confusing when the 2 boys are together!  Brody did pretty well on the drive....it started off with him spitting.  Mom and I ignored him.  I tried distracting him with some music....well that just led him to spit with the tune of the song.  I of course that made mom and I bust a gut, because he was actually keep with the beat....joys of having a boy!!   I knew Brady was getting a new 4-wheeler for his birthday so I brought Brody's with us.  We know Brody is too big for his, but we just can't decide which one to get him, so it was good he got to try this one out.




Sunday: we headed home and I was not feeling good at all and was super tried after sleeping with a little boy to flipped and flopped around like a dead fish ALL.NIGHT.LONG.  I took a nap for about 2 hours and Matt and Brody played outside and washed my car!  So like I said earlier we're still deciding on what to get Brody for his birthday....we tried to have him decide, but he was no help


It's between this and this ......

6 comments:

Meagan said...

I vote for the tractor! We thought about getting Keegan the truck but deciced against it because once he grows more he wouldn't have any leg room...just something to consider.

sblind2 said...

ohhhh, we did NOT consider that!! Good thinking! I know I don't want to buy him one of these every.single.year.....

Heather said...

The truck!!! He will get a lot more use out of something with a wagon on the back of it. Gage had a Gator and he hauled everything in the back of it.

Heather said...

I meant the tractor!

sblind2 said...

Well I'm thinking he could haul my weeds in it when I'm working in the yard! =)

Kim Luke said...

We got Landon the same truck in black for his birthday. He can barely reach the gas petal and his little butt is at the very edge of the seat. It has a working radio! which is so nice when we go on walks lol
These were actually our 2 things we were debating between too, but we decided to get the truck because it was a 2 seater and once Layla is here--I'm sure she'll be wanting to ride next summer too!!