Brody and Brooke

Brody and Brooke

8.29.2011

Weekend!!

So this weekend Matt went to Chicago for some Brother time with JR and that meant it was me and Brody ALL.WEEKEND.LONG....

Friday: I got off early to pick up Brody from daycare and as soon as I walked in a teacher stopped me and it went like this:
Teach: so Brody has different clothes on
Me: ok....
Teach: well....someone didn't put his diaper on all way and he had had a poopy
Me: oh no, that's ok
Teach: and he doesn't have shoes on either, because they caught most of it
Me: (thinking....thank god it was you and not me cleaning that up) Awe....ok
I got him home and we changed and the shoes when in the washer and we headed to Fenton for some shopping with Grandma for her new living room.  We ate at Red Robin first then hit up Target!!  He played with the Elmo potty book the whole time and suckered Grandma into buying him a few things.  It was 9:00 by this time so we decided to go over to Garden Ridge to look at lamps.  When Brody gets tired he gets wild .... so he was standing in the back of the cart yelling!  Not screaming but just making himself heard!


We got home and mom and I were both excited because his Old Navy had came, so we made him try on a few things....we made it fun and would tell him to walk out of the door then come back in-at one point he turned around with his hand on his hip....OMG so funny.  He didn't go to sleep until like 11:30!  Mom spent the night and we did a Skinny Wrap and this time we slept in them.  I'm totally not sold on those things....MAYBE 2 inches I've lost and my bed smells like vicks!  ugh

Saturday:  Not sure why the hell I can't get out of bed with this much energy during the week, but I was up at 7:00 and threw a quiche in the oven then went on a run with the dogs.  They are doing really good running and I only almost busted my ass 2x because Reese decided to run in front of me instead of on the side.  Mom left and Brody and I chilled for a while and we headed to Red Bud too.  Mom cooked a great meal and we hung out for a while then headed home.  He stayed up all the way home and was deliriously tired


Sunday:  OH....SUNDAY!  Brody was totally off with his naps and bed time and was Mr. Crabby!  His pool party was started at 3:00 so I wanted to do a few things before the kiddos came over.  Him and I both had a hard time getting motivated....


....once we finally did I had 4 stops in So Co then I was going to take him to lunch just me and him.  First off before we even left he was putting his magnetic letters into the dogs water bowl then decided to start throwing them....he got a little swat on the leg, which made him bawl so getting out of the door was delayed with me comforting him.  Our first stop Home Depot to get some red spray paint for his wooden #2 that we're going to use for his 2 year old pictures....he wouldn't hold my hand and was screaming then saw a little girl running around so he thought he could run around......I finally got him into a cart and we went to say "HI" and "BYE" to the "trackies" aka tractors aka lawn mowers.  Next stop Supplement Superstore for me to get the Goddess Fast Pack.  There was one guy working and 3 other people in there.  I picked up the pills and thought I would let Brody down to walk....MISTAKE!  All those pills bottles looked way too neat for a 2 year old.....he knocked over a few and when he went for the glass one as I was picked up the other ones....I picked him back up.  I stood in line and waited and waited.....I got up to the register and the conversation went like this:
SSG: is this your 1st time using these
Me: yes
SSG: oh good then I can go over this with the both of you (there was another guy standing there)
Me: OK
SSG: (he pulls out these forms and starts his gig) so how many meals are you eating
Me: 3
SSG goes on about how I should really eat 5-6 meals and blah blah....in the mean time I'm switching arms with a 30lb kid who is getting impatient.  Once he said and if you can bulk cook then you can put meals in Tupperware for easy meals ....no shit Sherlock!!
Me: I'm really sorry but how much longer is this going to take.....he's getting impatient!
SSG: oh yea yea yea.....no problem
He FINALLY checks me out and we're on our way!
Next stop Deals to see if there was any trucks or construction stuff for Brody's party. Brody was good and sat in the back of the cart and played with his $1 truck.  One more final stop....Old Navy to exchange some pants.  I think it was let's go to Old Navy and let your kids run around like animal day.   We found the pants in the right size but not the right color, but I figured even exchange would be fine since I got 25% off of my online order.....not that easy!
ON: we can only do returns for online orders not exchanges
Me: ok well do I still get the 25% off
ON: let me check....well no because it was an online only deal
Me: ok that's fine I'll just return them and buy these.  Unless you have the khaki ones in 18-24mos
ON: let me check....(she scans them) they come in 3 colors
Me: I know....do you have the khaki ones in 18-20mos
*in the meantime Brody is running around....he runs to the door and the person coming in looks around like "oh my who's kid is this?!?!" I was so pissed.....and did not have the energy to go get him.* 
ON: I see we have them in 2T.....is that what you needed
Me: I know I saw them back there I need them in 18-24 mos
ON: Well I see in the system we have 1 pair in 18-24 mos, but it doesn't tell me the color
Me: Ya know....it's fine....I'll just return these and order the right ones online (so I don't have to deal with you idiots!)  After I get my animal in the car I just sit there and realize (A) the time has come where Brody doesn't like to shop....I will never have that little cute boy sitting in the cart smiling again! (B) How in the world do single moms do it!! I didn't even think twice about taking him to lunch....all I could think about was NAPTIME!  We went home and he had lunch and took a nap!!  I woke him up about 2:45 just in time for his friends to start showing up!  It was fun...it was his first little party so I got some Rice Krispies and Capri Sun's.  I think everyone had a great time!!





Matt came home (ahhhh) and I ordered some Thai House and we all hit the sack early!  Brody slept till 8:20 this morning!

5 comments:

Jen said...

great time at the pool party! glad you enjoyed eating cat! meow!

Heather said...

Geez dude. That wore me out just reading it.

sblind2 said...

UGH....you're telling me, Heather!! I've never been so happy to have Matt home in my life!!

Sarah said...

Bahahaha, I feel your pain Mama. And EVERYTIME I think a shopping trip might be different, it always ends the same way. Me being one hot mess!! Ahhh, the joys of toddlers :)

The party was great!! Thanks for having us over!! :)

Jackie said...

I know what you mean.....Loreli use to be great now I try and find a sitter....even to go grocery shopping!