Brody and Brooke

Brody and Brooke

8.11.2011

St Louis Zoo

Did you think I forgot you??  Geez almost a week-sorry about it!!

So I took off today and tomorrow to hang out with my mom since she was so wonderful and watched Brody 2x a week this summer and have some mommy and Brody time!

Today Mom and I took Brody to the Zoo for the first time.....using our new Zoo Membership-thanks Mom!!  =)
We headed straight to the Children's Zoo.  I was so excited to pet whatever they had and see Brody's eyes light up!  Well as soon as I let him out of his stroller he started coughing then barfed 2x!!  Holy Hell!  Right in the front by the door strawberries and milk!  =(  I was so sad for him.  There were kids asking "what happened to that little boy"  then the parents would reply "well sometimes kids just get sick"   I did notice some appalled looks when people walked in and saw the mess then turned around....are you frickin serious people, he had flem!!!  So after we cleaned that up and changed clothes (there goes that hat and snap down outfit combo) we got to pet some guinea pigs!


On our way to the goats we saw a little chicken just hanging out....


....and realized that Brody is about the same size as a Koola!


When we went to Grant Farm for Mother's Day the goats were all full just laying around so I wasn't sure how Brody would like them!  It was great!!  He loved them and was hugging them and getting in their faces - I wanted to take the twin baby ones home with us!!


After the Children's Zoo we saw the Hippo's and Elephants!  I think he liked the fish more then the huge Hippo head that was RIGHT by us!



I.CAN.ALMOST.......SEE the Elephant
Then we headed to the Penguins and Monkey.  By this time mom and I were getting tried and there was a line to go in the Penguins so we just decided to see the ones outside.  We saw Penguins in TN!

I want in there!




Next we wanted to check out the Build-A-Bear.  It was such a great deal...any animal, any outfit and shoes for $29.99.  Brody chose the Giraffe, that we names Stretch!!











4 comments:

Adrien said...

Evelyn made the same giraffe at the zoo Build-A-Bear! Ours is Susie. :) So glad you had such nice weather! The last time we were at the zoo they were cleaning out half the tanks, so I've been trying to talk Eric into going tomorrow on his day off.This post makes me REALLY want to go. :)

Meagan said...

Now I want to go to the zoo!!! Last time we were there Keegan made an elephant, his name is Trunks! I like the name Stretch for a giraffe!

Cassie said...

too cute!! i want to know more about this zoo pass. sounds like a great idea!!

sblind2 said...

It's actually a great deal I think! I mean you pay $12 to park then $3 for the Children's Zoo, then so much for the train, sea lion show and carousel. So, with the Zoo Membership you pay $65 and it's good for a year. You get 4 parking passes and 36 anywhere passes (which you can use for the above). There are other packages, but that's the one my mom got us.