Brody and Brooke

Brody and Brooke

8.23.2011

*YAWN*

I slept like shit last night...why you ask?!?!  Well, it wasn't from a snoring husband or a crying baby or from burglars braking my window it was because of REESE!  I have have a little diva on my hands (I'm thinking more and more I'm sooo a boy mom)!  So I'll fill you in on how this all happened!  Four years ago we contacted a Lab breeder (disclaimer: I don't agree with breeders....I think that there are plenty of great dogs in shelters.  BUT, we knew the breeders and knew they were not a puppy mill. Matt wanted to get a Lab to go hunt with and we knew these pups had an awesome blood line to hunt!)  So Matt picks out a little 4 week old Yellow (practically white) pup:

It's one of them
we get her home and she is a little angel....



Matt told me I couldn't baby her because she had to be tough and disciplined.  He did great training her

 
She just grew up so fast and I wasn't able to cuddle or sleep with once!  It was sad, but honestly I tucked her under the covers with me once or twice!


THEN....she became a little shit head!!

Standing on top of her dog house peeking inside the kitchen window!
Wrapped herself around this dead brush!
Her pillow.....
....MY photo album!

She got some ducks & geese and LOVED going.  But, the mornings when Matt wouldn't take her she was sad, so I let her in bed with me! Oops!  THEN when Matt took her she began to shiver because she was becoming a diva and would rather snuggle with me than be out in the woods (I don't blame her)  Matt babied her too....and I found a picture to prove it!

Busted!
So now Reese no longer hunts and is always right by our sides!  I admit that I let her lay in bed with me every night and she sleeps like a human and I spoon her (don't judge!)  The nights when Matt and I go to bed together he sits next to the bed and whines and sometimes even barks a little.....

Well, last night "miss thang" wanted up in bed with me at 2:00 am!!  And when I wouldn't let me she nosed me with that cold wet nose....then nudged my arm up....UGH!!  THEN she got one of Brody's toys and began chewing on it in our room!  So, I get up and let her out....nope she doesn't have to go potty, she just wants in my bed.  We have a queen sized bed and with me, Matt and a 60 lb dog it gets tight!.  I'm not sure where Reese finally slept last night because I just turned my back and fell back asleep after tossing and turning for an HOUR!!

6 comments:

Jackie said...

I remember those days...but so glad that DeJa sleeps in her bed now....AWW!!!

Heather said...

Hahaha...Penny sleeps in my bed exactly how Reese is sleeping with Matt in that chair. On her back right on my arm. Too cute.

Adrien said...

I love this post.I was all ready to gush about the picture of Reese with the pumpkins, and then you completely changed tones and I lol'd. :D Holy moly, I don't know what I'd do if I found a photo album like that! Lucky she's cute. :)

sblind2 said...

Oh Adrien....Matt and I hadn't ever seen something so destroyed and in so many TINY pieces. We were working outside and came in and was so completely shocked!! I couldn't even cry because I was dumbfounded! Luckily we had all the photos on snapfish, but I immediately moved our wedding album into a closet after that!!

Jen said...

Reese is suck a cuddle bug! When I spent the night we snuggled all evening and night!

Sarah said...

Awww, that picture of you with the photo album makes me cry & laugh. She reminds me of my Libby girl. Total Marley dog!!!