Brody and Brooke

Brody and Brooke

6.13.2012

The book according to Brody

Matt was out of town a few weekends back so I decided to take Brody to church with me....alone!  Our church is super cool and laid back so I wasn't too too concerned....but I def second guessed it when he was whining he didn't even want to ride in my car! 

Before worship even started we were already down a thing of fruit snacks and had grabbed a coloring bag.  I held him when we stood because I didn't want him to run away or run on the chairs.  As it got quiet he noticed the little boy in our row have his Yo Gabba Gabba people lined up....Brody shouts "That's Gabba Gabba"  It gave the people around us a little laugh and not to meantion the parents of this little boy.....so the mass continues (he's doing pretty good)  then its time to pray silently to yourself....(I knew this was not going to be good) so we took a walk in the back. We looked at pictures and took a balloon to buy something for VBS then he wanted to dance (since they were playing music).....Now we're to the part (similar to "peace be with you") that you go around and shake peoples hands-he did good!  There was this old lady sitting down so I made sure we shook her hand and she grabs Brody and hugs him (for like 3 seconds) and he LETS her-I was shocked! I'm sure it made her day.  We are in the home stretch now....last song - I'm holding Brody and singing and he grabs my face and says "look at me when I'm talking to you" (notta a clue where he heard that from...because honeslty I don't say that to him).  Me being the mature - keep a straight face mother as I am (HA) start laughing....then he proceeds to turn my face away from him so he can do it again - we finished church cracking up at each other.

I think I get an "A" for effort in my book!

1 comment:

Adrien said...

Great job - you are brave! :) If it weren't for the church nursery we would never hear a word, because our kids would be bouncing off of the walls. And I can never keep a straight face, either. My girls are probably so confused on what they can and can't get away with. :D