Brody and Brooke

Brody and Brooke

5.16.2011

He's 19 months NOT 2......

....so why is he acting like his in his (terrible) 2's?!?!?!?

We need some help!  Brody is a acting out really bad!  He hits, yells, screams,pushes, spits, bites ..... (see what you have to look forward to, Cassie)  He mostly does it to me (well besides the smack a acrossed the face to my mom yesterday....Emma couldn't contain herself from laughing-at least she hid her face with a pillow).  He doesn't do it at school.....in fact when I dropped him off the other day he pushed the kids around him.  The teachers were like "he never does that here, EVER"  He used to do it at his old school too, but only when I was around.

So here's what we've been doing (which isn't working)
  • Time out (and following through with making him sit)
  • Acting like I'm crying.....actually on Saturday when he throw a metal tractors at me I was crying!!  It frickin' hurt SO bad!!  um, he laughed at me
  • Ingoring him
  • Redirecting him to books or another toy
  • Hitting him back
  • Biting him back
Any advice will be greatly appreciated, and "it's just a phase he'll grow out" it won't work!!  LOL

How did my sweet baby boy go from this .....
To this.....

10 comments:

Sarah said...

We have our days like that too. I swear little boys save it all for their mama. Luke ONLY acts like that with me. Despite the spankings & time out. They know we love them no matter how anory they get! Ugh! It's frustrating..but it does get somewhat easier. Stick to your guns Mom!! :)

sblind2 said...

How old is Luke?

Heather said...

Gage acts out more with my sister. And he's 6. I think it's all in the voice difference. When Jerrod gets mad, he uses a voice that makes me want to behave. My sister is more soft spoken.

Meagan said...

Sorry but I have no advice on this one. Keegan is kinda sensitive so whenever he would do something like that it was a big deal that he got in trouble....plus I'm the "mean one" in our house so he knows better than to do that kind of stuff w/me.

Jackie said...

I know I have a girl but she is way worse with me then Eli...she only bites me and she is a monster with me if we go out. If Eli has her she is just fine. I raise my voice with her and she will sometimes listen, but normally she just laughs at me if I yell at her.

sblind2 said...

Oh Jackie.....I don't believe that! Really?!?!?

Christine Pettijohn said...

Luckily with Wyatt hitting back, spanking(yes I spank my kid, no I do not beat him for those that are against spanking), or biting back worked. That and I noticed when he started acting out to get attention I would take time the next day to take him to the park or something and that helped. Stick to your guns and it eventually gets better.

Sarah said...

He turned 2 in December

Cassie said...

ahhh, don't tell me this!!

when stella throws a fit we just ignore her. works pretty well. she will be like oh crap no one is paying attention, guess i better get up and go play with my babies. lol.

Jackie said...

yes sarah....believe it! I have an Eli jr on my hands!