Brody and Brooke

Brody and Brooke

5.06.2011

Rules of the Road By: Me

I'm not a perfect driver....I speed, radio search, take calls, yell at other drivers, (try not to text anymore), BUT I've never gotten into an accident that was my fault and have only had 1 speeding ticket.  Here are some things that I feel that every 16 year old should follow:

Fast Lane: Only for cars that are traveling up to 20 over the speed limit.  If you are being tailgated in the fast lane and you are going about 20 over you do not have to get over!  It's the other person is going way too fast!

Sitting in Traffic: Don't be Mr Nice Guy and let everyone and their frickin uncle in front of you!  Have a one person rule and don't feel bad if little 'ole granny gives you the puppy dog look because you won't let her in.....you've done your part!!

Merging: When driving on a multi lane road and someone turns on their blinker.....ask yourself do they NEED to get over or do they WANT to get over.  Sometimes they just want to get in front of you because they made a bad decision to get behind someone slow....not your fault-don't let them in front of you!  If you feel that they just want to get over....you don't have to let them-ask yourself this "Do I get everything I want".....??

2 comments:

Jackie said...

I can totally understand why you and Eli are friends....HAHAHA!!!!!

sblind2 said...

LOL....he was the one who let me drive his car when I was 15!!!