Brody and Brooke

Brody and Brooke

11.29.2011

Thanksgiving Weekend

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving Weekend.....I know we did-here's how it went down!

Wednesday: Notta

Thursday: Matt went duck hunting, then rabbit hunting, so it was just me and Brody until we ate at Great Grandma's at 5:00. I was up at 6:00 am and Brody and I were out the door by 6:45 am to head to Red Bud for a little 5K Turkey Trot that Emily put on.  There was about 25 of us!!!


Emily called me the night before and was like I got us turkey headbands......


Since I was kind of slacking in the running department I was trotting along by myself in Red Bud with that on my head!  I'm sure I gave some something to laugh about around the table that day!!  After the race we hung out at Mom's for a while then headed to Sparta for some yummy Thanksgiving food!!  Brody and Chloe had a blast playing with each other!  Despite no nap, Brody wasn't that crappy.....just really crazy!!





As tradition, Mom, Emily and Me went Black Friday shopping!!  We left Red Bud at 10:45 pm Thursday night and didn't come back until 6:45 am Friday Morning....I haven't been up for 24 hours for a very long time....and definitely not without alcohol!!  I got some great deals and am pretty much DONE with my Christmas shopping!!

Friday: I slept at my Mom's till about 10:00 am then headed home.....Brody slept for about 3 hours, but like a fool I didn't!  Isn't it weird how sometimes you are so tired, but have so much energy!  Well I decided to rearrange some furniture to prepare us to put up the Christmas tree THEN I cooked some home made egg rolls and an oriental salad!  I crashed hard by 8:30

Saturday: Matt went duck hunting.....Brody was up by 6:00 am YAWN!! We headed to Little Gym with Emma then we went to a few more stores and got our Olive Garden fix!  Santa Pictures were that afternoon and Brody did fabulous!!  Matt pumped him up pretty much on the way there, so there was no tears this year!  Saturday night we got all our Christmas decorations out and put the tree up!



Brody has already rearranged the ornaments on a daily basis and also throws his soccer ball into the tree.....ugh, it's going to be a long month!!

Sunday: (you guessed it) Matt went duck hunting....Brody slept till like 8:30 PTL!!  We didn't do much at all on Sunday....napped and dreaded going back to work after 4 days off!

No comments: