Brody and Brooke

Brody and Brooke

11.08.2011

TURKEY DAY 5K

Hello Blogger World!  I'm Emily Zeiger...lovely sister of Sarah Blind.  I'm guest blogging today to share my Thanksgiving Day idea with you all.  I did post about it on FB so forgive me if you're seeing this for the 2nd time.

Originally I was going to sign up for the Great Gobble Gallop 5K at the Monroe County YMCA on Thanksgiving Day (good way to start a day when you know you're going to be eating ALOT).  Sarah and I are going to Chicago the weekend after for the Santa Hustle so I opted to save my monies for SHOPPING!!  Sooo...here's my idea:  What about having our own 5K in Red Bud?

Of course, this will be totally casual, non-competitive and pretty "thrown together" since it's only 2 weeks away.  My thought was to meet somewhere in Red Bud:  IGA, the High School lot, The Office, etc. (something centralized) and run/walk the streets of Red Bud.  I might go so far as to find some cute Turkey Day headband, beads, a cute shirt, etc. to be festive. 

What do you say?  Who's with me?  I know Thanksgiving is a busy day and you're either cooking, working or traveling to 2-5 houses that day but this is a quick way to get a good workout in before you inhale turkey, dressing, pumpkin pie (ahhh...I can feel myself gaining weight already). 

Let me know if you're interested.  I'll map out a flat, 3.1 mile course through town.  Come one, come all...strollers, pets, runners, walkers!!

Further details to follow as the YES replies come in!!  =)

6 comments:

Christine Pettijohn said...

I would be up for it!

sblind2 said...

YAY it's my first guest blogger!! Great work, Emma!!

Jackie said...

Not sure what time we are leaving for the 1st Thanksgiving....but I think it should work for us!

Heather said...

I'm not going to lie...I think it sounds plain awful :))

But have fun Motivated People!!!

Kim Luke said...

haha i'm with Heather. thanksgiving is the one day I don't feel guilty for absolutely pigging out all.day.long!
The run a week after sounds fun though, have fun in Chicago girls!!!

Ashley Mitchell said...

I'm gonna oink it up too! :)