Brody and Brooke

Brody and Brooke

4.12.2011

2nd Date


Well we meet again!  Hope you liked my very first blog-EVER-yesterday!  =)  My wheels in my head are spinning on some weekly topics....but let's take this relationship slow and get to know each other a bit more.....LOL

This year was my 30th birthday (I LOVE my birthday and I usually drag the celebration out to a month long, maybe because it falls on a HOLIDAY!!  St. Patrick's Day).  I grew up in Red Bud and now live in Columbia!  I think that Columbia is just the perfect location...close to "everything", but it's pricey and that sucks!!  We'll probably end up moving back to Red Bud one day.

I have a great job that I love!!  I work for a wine consulting company....that's right folks I get to drink wine at work!!  Check us out...we're cool!  Cellar Advisors

Like everyone I have a few quirks!  I'm a little obsessed with the following:

Cleaning....it calms me down like a long walk-I look forward to schedule spring cleaning  =)  One Valentine's Day Matt got me a new Vacuum....it was the best gift ever!

Jillian Micheals workout DVDS-seriously $10 at Wal Mart!?!?!?  I have the 30-Day Shred, Yoga Meltdown, No More Trouble Zone and Shed It-Kettlebell.


My Fitness Pal It's great and it's FREE!  I need to stick with it a little more than I do! It's got about every restaurant and brand of food already in the system, plus it gives you more calories to consume when you exercise!!  But...again I need to stick with it a little more-MAYBE you can help me!


I love my Nike Plus arm band. This thing tracks: miles, pace and calories burned!  My longest run has been 6 miles....about 1/2 of a half marathon.  I'm throwing the idea around about trying a half, but it's seriously like $100 to run......I can run from Red Bud to Waterloo for FREE!!


Skinny Vanilla Latte from Starbucks.  I used to be obsessed with the Frappes...until I used My Fitness Pal and realized how many calories!  It would have been OK if I would get them very once and while, but I would get them All.The.Time.  The Skinny Vanilla Latte only has 130 calories...and that's for a grande!!  
This is my most recent obsession!  I've been using the daily glow (because I'm 30 now and I'm sure I will wrinkle 2x as fast in the tanning bed)  I've only used it for 3 days and the accountant was like WOW you got some sun this weekend.....  =) 

Tattoos!  I got my 3rd one this past Saturday at Eternal Ink.  I'll probably get about 4 more in my life: wrist, other side of ribs, behind the ear, and my foot/feet.
 

7 comments:

Emily Montgomery said...

Running from Waterloo to Red Bud is a) dangerous b) hilly c) not as exciting at coming "down the shoot" with tons of people you don't even know cheering for you. Think about it...

Matt said...

I don't think she was serious about running on the highway. I believe it was just to point out that paying $100 to run on a closed course is expensive. I do agree that fellow runners and the crowd at the end is worth some extra motivation.

Heather said...

I think you should move to Waterloo.

Cassie said...

Ummm super jealous of your job! I wana work there. Seriously, you hiring?!

sblind2 said...

We actually might be, Cassie. It's in Richmond Heights tho!

Cassie said...

I just googled it and it's only 2 miles from the office now. let me know!!

Cassie said...

AND P.S. - I never would have guessed that you had that many tattoos nor that you wanted that many. Not a bad thing, I just read that and I was like really?!!?