Brody and Brooke

Brody and Brooke

4.11.2011

Hello My Name is....


Here's goes nothing! Ok, so I know this probably should have went in the "about me" section, but it's my blog so I make the rules, right?!?!  I'm starting blogging, because apparently I'm on Facebook way too much (according to my husband).   Speaking of him....we got married on a beautiful October day in 2006.  Here's my favorite picture of that day!

 
Matt and I have had our fair share of off and on dating back in the day.  If you don't know he's a year younger than me, so obviously I didn't talk to him in High School (I always went for the older ones).  To this day he still says we had class together.....opps!  We "met" at a party when he was home from collage and off and on started for about 5 years.  Now it wasn't your typical on and off relationship....we would always start back up in the summer (at Moonlight Maddness-who misses that great Red Bud event)
Matt is a great guy and I love him to pieces and like him on most days-kidding (maybe)!  He hunts everything....I mean everything!!!  His famous saying is "gotta feed the family, dear"

We already had one little furry friend when we got married......

....meet Zoe!  
We adopted Zoe from the Belleville Humane Society and I love her to pieces.  Growing up we never had a pet in the house....so I let Zoe do whatever she wanted-I'm paying for it now. Zoe is still a great dog, but she pretty much does what she wants to do and "grumbles" when you make her get out of your spot in bed (god forbid)

On another beautiful October day (the day after my sister's wedding to be exact) we got this little princess, Reese!

I'm a little obsessed with this one.  
Matt trained her to go hunting with him, so she is pretty well behaved....well she was until I started to let her sleep in bed with me and now she doesn't want to hunt in the cold.  Two things I've learned about Labs are that they shed like a mother....and they are so loving.  Seriously this dog is always by me!!

OK, I just realized October is our MONTH.....on October 1st, 2009 we welcomed with open arms our first child, Brody Robert Blind, 6lb 12oz 21 in.....


I'll never forget that day!! 

My pregnancy was a breeze.....


(maybe too much of a breeze....40lb wow) and my only fear was my water breaking at work, well what do you know-IT HAPPENED!  It wasn't bad though-kind of felt like I had peed!  So, I put my garbage bag down and a towel on my seat and drove to the hospital.  I'll also never forget how Matt's truck flew around that corner!

Lil peanut
Always smiling

3 comments:

Meagan said...

Love it!! Btw...moonlight madness is back this year!! I think its on May 21...I could be wrong though.

Heather said...

YAY!!! Welcome to the family! I love it!

Meagans right...Moonlight Madness is back!

Cassie said...

YAY I love your little family!

Ugh - of course it's back and I'm knocked up!! I swear I'm getting my tubes tied, I am missing EVERYTHING this year!