Brody and Brooke

Brody and Brooke

4.21.2011

Wondering Minds...



So a few months back I ran into someone I went to High School with (we'll call him Clayton, since that's where he lives now)  Here's how our the conversation went which makes me wonder....
Clayton: So's how's your little guy
Me: great!
Clayton: How old is he now?
Me: 13 months
Clayton: when do parents stop counting their kids age in months?  He's going to be playing football in High School and your going to say....Look at johnny he's almost 192 months old.
Me: (laughing), Um I don't know
When do you stop counting the months??

I wonder if I'll ever be that Mom who can spell like super fast so Brody doesn't catch on.  I really doubt it because last summer when Brody was at Children's for a minor procedure the nurse was going over stuff with us and I was lost! 
Nurse: so has he had any w-a-t-e-r or m-i-l-k since Midnight
Me: no
Nurse: when he gets out they will offer him some j-u-i-c-e
(I mean she was rattling it off)
After she left Matt's like do you even know what she said.....I'm like NOOOOO (I thought it was medical terms or something)

3 comments:

Heather said...

I'm going with over 2 on the age thing. I've never heard anyone say their kid is 25 months old.

Christine Pettijohn said...

Vince and I stopped when Wyatt turned one. When people ask we would say he is one in a half, a little over a year or close to two years old. Following from

http://vincentchristinewyatt.blogspot.com

Sarah said...

I stopped when Luke turned 2!! Seriously, I would have to count on my fingers to find out how many months he is now. Hold on..... 28 months ;)