Brody and Brooke

Brody and Brooke

6.29.2011

Hey There

So.....I'm back on Facebook  and honestly I'm bored with it already!  Matt keeps saying he's going to get a can of dip now...but I really hope not!

The Weekend:

The fireman's picnic.....this weekend used to be the highlight of my summer, but not really anymore and espeically with a kid!!! 

Friday: I was so ready and excited to take Brody to his 1st picnic and we debated on whether or not he would like the rides....because one time walking out of Wal Mart we put him on the elephant and he freaked!! First I went to go buy tickets and was already pissy about the price - $2 for a ride that goes for MAYBE 2 mins!!  We put him on the cars and he LOVED it!  When it stopped he did his sign for "more".....precious!  So he had to get off and he threw a fit!!  We moved over to the big blow up slide.  I ask 
Me: "how many tickets"
Carney: "2 (aka $2)"
Me: "How many times does he get to go down?"
Carney: "once" 
You have got to be kidding me!!!  $2 for a slide!!  WTF.....so I walked up the slide with him and sent him down-loved it again and threw a fit AGAIN!!  Needless to say I had a very stressful night and spent $40!!!  ugh....never again!!

Saturday: After Brody went to bed super late on Friday I thought for sure he would sleep in....NOPE-up at 6:00.  So I took him and the dogs on a walk and by 9:00 he was horribly tired and super crappy.  Did someone say "morning nap!?!?!"  Him and I both slept until noon!  I rented Matt and I a movie "The Switch" - it was GOOD!!!

Sunday: Brody got his pictures taken with his cousin Chole in Sparta and they turned out so good!  You can check them out HERE (email me for the password)  After that Brody and I went to the parade....he loved it and was only really scared of the people dressed up.  He LOVED the bands....he was clapping and marching! 

3 comments:

Adrien said...

Yeah, those rides can be expensive! But we learned a valuable tip for next year. Go in the evening on Sunday night. There are much fewer people, and the rides last longer. Evie got to ride the cars over and over and no one was ever waiting to get on. The ride time was twice as long as it was on Friday night!

sblind2 said...

Ohhhh, great idea!!

Jackie said...

So glad we got to see you....sorry Loreli wasn't as friendly as she normally is but bedtime was calling!