Brody and Brooke

Brody and Brooke

6.06.2011

Whata Weekend!!

So this weekend was supposed to be the ONLY weekend in June that we had nothing planned!!  Ahhh, it was going to be so relaxing full of resting, swimming, lounging....I couldn't wait, until I got this call about 4:00 on Friday afternoon:

Matt:  Hey I think we're going to start tearing out the driveway in the morning.
Me:  What??  Who, How....I'm not ready for this!!
Matt: I know that's why I called you so you could mentally prepare yourself (he knows how much I hate project mess)
Me: UGH, ok!

So I came home from work, excited that we were going to be able to go see Baby Mason then Matt's like I still feel sick....UGH (He wasn't sick he was still hungover.......) so we didn't go and I threw a fit and  Brody and I went to Waterloo to drop off my produce basket, got some Thai food on the way home and a Tropical Snow.  It was fun....just Brody and I sitting in the back of my car with the hatchback up!

Matt made up for his "sickness" and got up super early on Saturday to work on the pool before they started the driveway!!  =)  The jackhammering started about 8:00 and Mr. Brody was in 7th Heaven!!


It was pretty amazing....I have an awesome Father in Law!  It only took him about 20 mins to bust it all up then they cleared it away and started with some dirt work.


They really had a system going....after the rock was delivered then they up the dirt in that truck and it was hauled away!

Now don't think for a minute I was just hanging out in the AC taken pictures.....My mom came up for a bit and I was finishing cleaning the back so it would look like this:


Brody was hanging out with his future Uncle, it was cute to watch Brody "play" the Xbox with Nathan.  Nathan had the remote and Brody had the TV controller..... When it was lunch time I asked Nathan what he wanted to drink....tea, lemonade, water?  He chose water (strange for a 9yr old) so I'm like we also have Milk or Apple Juice.  His reply:  What percent?!?  I'm like...what??  What percent of Milk? 2...  OK I'll take Milk!!  So funny!

The driveway project ended like this:


and now we will wait until the concrete truck and finishers can come!  It'll be soooo nice when the project is done! 

So onto Sunday night.....the dishwasher wasn't draining, so when I woke up from my nap at 10:30p Matt was still working on it....not fun

  


Check out that old school flooring!!
This is how the weekend ended:
Matt: Well I guess we need to get a new dishwasher
Me: What....how am I supposed to do the dishes
Matt: By Hand
Me: What's that?!?!?!?

3 comments:

Heather said...

Hahahahahahahahahahaha...welcome to my world!! I have NEVER lived in a place with a dishwasher. When I finally do...oh, it will be heaven.

sblind2 said...

I immediately went downstairs and got some paper plates and 2 plastic cups and told Matt these are our dishes from now on!! =)

Jackie said...

Glad you got lots done! We will get together one way or another!