Brody and Brooke

Brody and Brooke

7.05.2011

4th of July Weekend

Friday: After I bitch and moaned and groaned every time I saw or heard someone getting off super early I finally got to leave work at 5:00 pm!  My mom and cousins were over enjoying my pool and they were SOOOO tried from SWIMMING all day that we ordered some Domino's (BTW if you haven't tried the Sweet Mango Habanero wings you are missing out....) !  Around 8:00 I decided to go pull some weeds and even tho the sun was down I still sweated my little butt off!!  So about 8:45 I deciced to put on my suit and swim some laps!  It felt amazing!!!

Saturday: I'm not sure if it was the Jillian No More Trouble Zone DVD that I did on Friday morning or the laps I swam....but I was sore as HELL!!!  My thighs, hamstrings and butt screamed every time I sat or stood up!! The dogs had grooming appts on Saturday morning (summer haircuts-YAY) so I dropped them off then we headed to George Weber to trade this in:

for this:

This trade in was NOT my idea....The Dodge was Matt's very first brand new vehicle ever and he pretty much got it exactly the way he wanted it!  But with a hefty payment and 17 MPG when he drives on average 2,000 miles a month was killing our budget.  I was sad, but he says he's ok with it!  We thought about going to the Air Show, but after Matt installed the car seat he rethought the idea of standing outside with other 100's of sweaty people-thank god!!  That night we had the Petryshyn's over and the 3 kids had a blast! (You'll have to check out the pictures on my FB page, but I forgot to email some to myself) 

Sunday: STILL SORE (the F'n new leaf is killing me)  It was pool party time.....UGH until mother nature had her way!  I dropped off Brody at my mom's for a sleep over in the morning then came home to help Matt get the yard ready!  Then it started to rain!  Then it wouldn't stop! Then I had to send the text out that maybe tomorrow will be a better day!  =(  So here we sit childless on a holiday weekend.... I thought about going to get Brody, but I knew my Mom and Dad were really counting on him to spend the night, so instead we went to Rural King, Babies R Us & Toys R Us!  BORING!  We did get to run into Eli, Jackie and Loreli and Babies R Us and Pepsi had a deal that with any transaction you got a bottle of Pepsi for .25!! But,  I hate not having Brody when we aren't doing anything....if we would have had the party I would not have thought about not having him, but since we were not doing anything it made me sad not having him.  Matt wanted to go see Transformers 3 and I was not feeling it....not even feeling sitting there zoning out munching on popcorn so he called his little sister to go with him.  I enjoyed a hot bath and did my nails and watched Blow (that movie never gets old to me!!)

Monday:  Happy 4th of July!  It was sunny and it stayed sunny!!  Matt went to pick up Brody and we went swimming until Brody got super tired and crabby!  My friend Kim came over and so did the Zieger's and we hung out pool side until around 6:00.  Then the Jackson's came over with little Brayden!!  He's so cute and tiny (I sure don't remember Brody being that little and Brody was 3 lb smaller!)  The dogs were outside and our neighbors set off a bunch of fireworks, but I really didn't think much of it.....before we left to see fireworks I figured I should bring the dogs in so they didn't freak out.  I opened the door and Reese came right in....but not Zoe!!  She got SOOO freaked out that she busted through the vinyl gate!  I had no idea how long she had been gone nor where to begin to look for her!!  I put on my sandels and Reese and I went looking for her....something told me to starting looking to the right of our house....we got to our neighbors and here she comes running from behind the bushes!!  We went uptown and watched the fireworks with Mom & Dad and Brody loved them!!  He would sign & say "more" when one was over!!!  It was a great 3 days off!!

3 comments:

Matt said...

"came home to help Matt get the yard ready!" Inaccurate statement. Let's be clear, you stayed at your Mom's until 2PM, on your way home your called your exhausted sweaty husband to be informed that the yard work had been completed and you reply, "Oh, good. I will just come home and layout by the pool"

sblind2 said...

Um....I picked up some dog poo! =)

Jackie said...

HA...you guys crack me up! Glad we got to see you for a bit!