Brody and Brooke

Brody and Brooke

7.18.2011

Weekend Fun

Friday: Aunt Emmy picked up Brody and hung out with him for a while, so Matt and I took that opportunity to go grocery shopping (geez....we are childless and we decide to go grocery shopping) Anyways, so Matt is in charge of the budget now so we had to shop smart.  We had $100 to go grocery shopping with to last us the rest of the month!  AND.....we did it!!!  We started by looking through the sales ad's 10 for $10 deals are the best!!  We hit up Dollar General first...did you know they have brand name items and you use coupons?!?!  Matt tried to give me a high five when the total was only $25, but I'm like not in public, babe!  (We high five'd in the parking lot)  Next we did the 10 for $10 on lots of stuff!!  Our total was like $103 all together!  It felt great!  After Brody got home we hung out for a while then Matt and I watched the worst movie ever....this:


Don't let the big names fool you....there was no point to it and it just ended!!  UGH, no wonder why I'm not a fan of movies.

Saturday: We all got up bright and early and headed to Red Bud....the car was getting a face lift from Total Eclipse so we had some time to kill.  Emily and I ran 2 miles then we all just hung out at Mom's.  Before we were ever married Mom, Emily and I picked up some super cheap Halloween costumes from TJ Maxx.... a turtle and a frog!  I knew one of them was a 2T so we tried to try the turtle on Brody!  He HATED it! Um....back to the drawing boards for costumes this year.


My little cousin who is almost 5 was going to spend the night with us and I was super excited!  I figured Brody would have the time of his life hanging out with another little boy.....well this is our a night was!

Look at Brody's little grin.....
It started at my mom's-poor Phillip couldn't even sit on my lap without Brody being super jealous!
Brody fell asleep on the way to Columbia so Phillip and I played with Brody's toys!  It was a total look into the future with all the trucks lined up and all the pieces in the train track put together!!  Typical little boy!  Brody woke up and was a little cranky!  There were lots of "me's" going on when Phillip tried playing with his toys which made me a little bummed......we swam a little, but really the air was cooler than our pool water-not so refreshing!

I planned for the boys to make there own pizzas:


Phillip was totally more into it than Brody was so he got to make both of them.....but he made sure I knew which was his:

Guess which one is his?!?!  HAHAHA
I pulled the picnic table in the kitchen so they could dine together!


Having an older little boy around was so much fun!  The conversations were hilarous!!  I turned Brody's Scensty on because of the dogs had an accident in his room while we were gone and Phillip walks in and says "it' smells like fruit snacks in here"

Then he was asking which dog was which so I told him.
Phillip: Why isn't that one Zoe and that one Reese
Me: Because we got Zoe first
Phillip: Oh.  Well where was Brody born at?
Me: St Anthony's
Phillip: Oh, well where did he come from?
Me: (oh gosh) he came from my belly....like you were in your mommy's belly, Brody was in mine
Phillip: Well how did he come out?
Me: (OMG) Well, the doctors know magic and they got him out
Philip: Oh
Me: SO, didn't you bring Cars to watch??

Sunday: It was a lazy Sunday around the house!  I napped (which never happens), then we swam while Matt grilled some Deer Brats.  I was bored and felt very unproductive so I'm like we should make Brody's bed a big boy bed soon!  Matt must have been bored too, because he was like OK go get the stuff!  Ekkk.....Brody's last picture in his crib!! saddness.....

Maybe, he didn't like the idea

Brody's 1st picture in his big boy bed!!


Reese had to try it out too


I swear I just know I will find her in bed with him some day....and it will SO remind me of Marley and Me when Marley is in bed with the little boy!!  (tear) He does love his Reese!!!


So, how did Brody do in his new Big Boy bed?!?!? VERY good!!!  We put a gate up in Brody's door way  and he whined and cried for only like 5 minutes then we both tip toed in to see if he was laying in the middle of the floor and NO, he was in his bed!  =)  Then in the morning I heard him in there so I got up and sat on his bed with him and he got up sat as the edge of his bed and gave me a big smile!  

Success!! 

3 comments:

Cassie said...

awwww, god love phillip. too cute. ha. i love his pizza.

yay for the big boy bed success!! that's awesome.

Melissa said...

That's awesome. Sounds like you had a pretty great weekend. Glad to hear it went so smoothly getting little man into the big boy bed. :)

Meagan said...

Gotta love the random nonstop questions....just wait until brody is in that stage!!

I can't believe he is big enough for the big boy bed already!!