Brody and Brooke

Brody and Brooke

7.11.2011

Weekend Roundup

It was a long nice weekend!!  We got to relax a little and hang out with some family and friends!

Friday:  Matt got some free Cardinal tickets from work so we asked his Dad and Step Mom to go along with us.  It was Brody's 1st Cardinals game!  He was so good.....we only had to walk around 2x because he was getting antsy!  He loved all the clapping! 



Saturday: Emily came up for a boot camp session at my house!  It was fun!  We ran a mile then came back to do some strenghth training in my driveway then repeated!  I was getting hot and whiny on the 2nd mile .... this is what happened:
Me: I don't want to do this anymore
Em: come on we're almost there
Me: you have to me meaner than that
Em: move your ass
Me: ummm, maybe you should get a megaphone
Em: (with her hands cupped to her mouth) MOVE!!
Me: yikes......ok!!
After our workout we ran to the mall then made lunch together!  Brody took a long which meant I laid out!  We headed to the Catholic School picnic which was a disaster!!  Brody ran and ran and ran all over the place and I know he was just doing it so I would chase him, but seriously I wasn't just going to let him run!  It was stressful so we left!  We had a birthday party to go to, which was a great time!!  Brody entertained himself and others and we got to catch up with some friends!

Sunday: I got up and made pancakes!!  I'm super picky about my pancakes....they have to be done, but still have to be white on the outside!  They turned out pretty damn good and I even made some mini M&M ones!  YUM!  Mom, Brody and I went to visit a new little baby....she is so tiny and so sweet!  I wanted some grilled chicken and Matt refused to be out in the heat to grill so I did!  AND....it was about the best meal I ever make!!  Grilled BBQ chicken, grilled corn on the cob, some oven fried potatoes and sweet/sour cucumbers!! 

3 comments:

Jackie said...

looks like it was a relaxing weekend for everybody!

Heather said...

Seriously...you should dress Brody in black every day. He looked so damn cute Saturday night. It is definitely his color. And thanks again for coming. That apple pie definitely made my night!!

sblind2 said...

Awe, thanks!! I'm so glad you liked it! =)