Brody and Brooke

Brody and Brooke

10.17.2011

The Weekend

Friday: I took off so I could go to Brody's 1st Field Trip with him.  After that we enjoyed a family lunch at Breadeaux then Brody and Matt headed to Sparta so he could hunt and Great Grandma could spoil Brody.  Mom and headed to the mall for a few things.....There was shoe drama again!!  The brown ones that I had all picked out at FamousFootwear were for boys NOT toddlers!  I ordered the Blue Nikes and hunted for some other brown ones-after about 5 stores in the Mall I finally found some at Shoe Carnival and a pair of solid white ones.  I swear this child and his shoes!! But really what other accessory do Boys have....  =)  Mom hung out for a while and helped me clean (which I LOVED) then we both sat on the couch and soaked up the clean house and the idea that almost all my laundry was done for the weekend!! AHHHhhhhh  OH and Matt got his 2nd deer of the season! 

Saturday: Matt went out hunting and Brody and I headed to Red Bud for some soccer games and of course was like 30 minutes late.  Matt shot another deer, but couldn't find it so he headed BACK out to the woods that afternoon.  After the games Mom, Emma, Brody and I headed to The Office for lunch.  That was only my 2nd time eating there and YUMMY!!   Brody owes Sarah an appetizer plate because he threw and BROKE one.....thank god is wasn't crowd I was so embarrassed!!  Brody napped at Grandma's and so did I.....I was beat!!   Brody and I headed home and I tried one of my Pinterest recipes!  Pizza Casserole .... No one was really a fan, but I at least cooked!!

Sunday: Matt declared it "family day" aka he didn't want to hunt.  We went to IHOP in Fenton for basically brunch.  It was my first time there and I was really overwhelmed with the menu!!  Brody and shared a platter and before we left he shoved a bunch of pieces of pancakes in his mouth then choked then barfed.....thank god I packed an extra outfit because honestly I was thisclose to not bringing one.  After we cleaned that up we headed home and I was checking my Facebook and noticed that Meagan said there was an IHOP in South County....bingo-I knew that!  We had to hit up Costco and on our way home Matt didn't believe me that there was one....so to prove him wrong we drove down Lindbergh, but put a bet on it first.  At first I'm like who ever is right then the other person gets a 30 min massage....he whined and said his hands couldn't last 30 mins. 
His: "If there is not then I get to go home and stay downstairs all day and watch football" (nice family day)  I agreed, because I knew I was right.
Mine: "If there is then you have to help me brush the dogs and go to the park with us" he agreed to.  OH.....guess what: There IS an IHOP in South County!  Bahahaha  So you guessed it when Brody went down for his nap WE brushed the dogs and when Brody got up WE went to the park!!!  Ahhhh and the best part of winning was Matt saying "I was wrong" 

We also got to welcome a new little member of our family on Sunday!  Mr. Keaton Asher Wallace.  4 lb 17 in long.  He was due at the end of November, but his momma got preeclampsia and he had to come early!  Everyone is doing great!!!


5 comments:

Meagan said...

Sounds like Brody needs to stay out of restaurants for awhile! lol

I'm glad you made that pizza casserole...I have everything to make it but I've been to scared to try it because I'm not sure anyone in this house will like it.

Heather said...

Fun family day!!!

I'm assuming that was Bethany that had the baby? Congrats to the whole family!!!

Adrien said...

I ALWAYS forget to take extra clothes. I would have been in big trouble!!

Cassie said...

i can't believe how much brody throws up. poor kid.

and there ARE deer in the woods? no way, i was beginning to believe they just went out there to get some peace and quite. lol.

sblind2 said...

Meagan-Matt suggested that I put some other "toppings" besides burger and pepperoni in it.

Heather-Yes it was Bethany!! =)

Cassie-It does seem like he barfs alot....PTL he was drinking apple juice and not milk I would have been gagging cleaning that up! Um, last night Matt ran to Rural King for dog food and was gone for like 2 hours it felt like....I think that was a way to get some peace and quite! When he got home I"m like where in the hell have you been!?!?!? geez!