Brody and Brooke

Brody and Brooke

10.24.2011

The Weekend

Well if you saw my FaceBook post on Saturday you will know how this post will start out....

Friday: We did nothing, I cleaned....woopie!

Saturday:  My Mom thought Brody would enjoy the Little Gym so before signing up I definitely wanted to check it out with a free introductory class.  We were scheduled for the 9:15 am class.  Matt was hunting so it was just Brody and I.  I hopped in the shower and when I got out Mr. Brody had gotten into the Vaseline....AGAIN!!  It wasn't as bad at this, but he had a hand full.  I immediately started wiping it off with my t-shirt and threw everything (even Cuddles) into the washer with an old towel.  It was just pure craziness to get ourselves out the door by 8:50.  I even sent Matt a text saying "this out the door by 9:00 am 6 days a week is not going to work".  Well, I spoke too soon......once we got to Little Gym and walked into the "Beasts Class" (yes 19 mos - 2 1/2 yrs are called beasts.....) it was blast!  I thought he would be shy at first-oh no!  He ran and danced and LOVED it.  The teacher even told me she couldn't believe how good he was doing (I'm sure she just said that knowing we were on our Introductory Class).  After the class was over we had some time to kill until Gramy and Emmy were at the Mall so I headed to Bath & Body to use my 20% and get some nightlight wallflower plug ins.  To my surprise they had some Fall scents in the jar candles 50% off!  I love B&B Works candles, but I refuse to spend $19.50 on a candle.  I picked some up to smell and let Brody smell too.  As I was checking out I heard something and before I could even go to catch it.....it fell to the ground and broke!  YES, I talking about a jar candle.....UGH and guess what another Little Gym mom was in the store too-just dandy!!   I was SO EMBARRASSED and apologized a millions times.  They didn't say anything about paying for it and I didn't ask-oops, should I have?  I mean they were already marked 50% off!  After that I was zoned out....scared to take Brody in any store, so we got some popcorn and waited for our peeps to show up.  In the mean time I went thru what other coupons I had.  Ohhhhh, 20% off Children's Place that expires on the 31st....um, ok! =)  I scored another great deal there!  Brody has about every shirt possible, but not so many pants so I got some there.  They were on sale for $12 so with my coupon they came to be $10.16-SCORE!  I also noticed some bookbags that were 50% off the already marked down price.....there was a camo on there so I picked that sucker up (perfect for an overnight back for Brody)  It came out to be less than $5!!!  After that I just wasn't in the mood to shop for myself so we headed back to Columbia to get Brody a haircut and grab lunch, then naptime!!  After he got we didn't stop.....it was off to Gramy's until Matt got back from hunting so I could head over to Heather's!  P.S. I got carded at Moto for beer!!!  Boo-ah! It was so much fun, and all the goodies she had soaked in Vodka was amazing!!!  I headed out around 11 and drove thru McDonald's-couldn't tell you the last time I ate double cheese burger, but it tasted good!

Sunday: No sleeping in for me....I was up by 6:30 to get ready to go cheer on Emma at the St. Louis Rock and Roll Half Marathon!   I swear every time I go watch a half I get so emotional....not sure why!  We were able to see her at mile 7 and at the finish!  Gosh, I'm so proud of her!!!  By the time we got home around noon Daddy was home PTL!!!  When Brody went down for a nap so did Mommy and Daddy!!  We all got up around 3:00 and after the race Brody and Matt started washed our fleet of vehicles.  Once they were cleaned Brody and I went to the car wash and vacuumed the inside.  We ended the weekend with some Domino's Sweet Mango Habanero Wings.....YUM!!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Glad you made it to the party! I still have all of the stuff for you Smores!

Adrien said...

What a Saturday morning! I wouldn't feel bad about not paying for the candle if they didn't ask you to. :)